March 6, 2015

What I Did Friday

I started the day with prayer and devotion with hubby. We discussed going after peace based on the verse of the day:

Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it. (Psalms 34:14 NASB)
While honey prepared for the day, I dropped my son off at school and fixed his coffee. After our goodbye kiss, I prepared for my day.

I try to workout three to four times per week. I usually do 30-45 minutes on the treadmill and floor exercises. Sometimes I do a little Zumba. I log my progress using MyFitnessPal but I've slacked off the past few weeks. This morning I decided to try a modified version of the 30-minute Barry's Bootcamp Treadmill Workout. Supposedly, it's the latest craze among celebrities like Sandra Bullock, Amanda Seyfried, and Kim Kardashian. I felt the burn in my calves within 15 minutes!  Then I did some floor exercises and some arm curls with weights. My full workout was about an hour.  

After my workout, I made sure to drink half of my 33.8 oz bottle of water. For breakfast, I had an apple with banana and cream oatmeal. Yummy. After eating, my beauty routine consisted of my daily facial with Avon Vitale skincare. Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Bodyworks was my choice fragrance for the day and I straightened my hair with my smoking hot flatiron from Beauty by Shewear.

I then turned my attention to multitasking - housework while preparing for an afternoon meeting with my gorgeous friend, Ms Jolie Rashawn. We're working on building her website. CLICK HERE to check it out!  Can't wait to put the finishing touches on it.

Later, we visited with our son's teachers to assess his progress. He has a new Spanish teacher who has her job cut out for her. She's taking over the class since his former teacher took ill. It's as if she's starting from scratch because the kids have not had a qualified teacher for nearly 6 weeks. Everyone came to the same consensus... He's a very bright kid who, because of peer pressure, will not give his full effort to get the grades we're used to seeing from him. All the teachers assured him that we are in his corner, we're his support team and we want to see him succeed. Praying he believes that. You know how teens can be!

We ended the evening with a family dinner at Cheddars. My hubby's side of the family has planned a "Family Affair" reunion so we went over the highlights and received our family packets to complete. I thought my family was huge! We took up a big portion of the restaurant and gave the poor waitstaff a run for their money. It was fun and gives me ideas for our family reunion as well since my aunt is passing the torch to my generation.

Well, that's it! That was my Friday. Hope yours was as fun as mine.

No comments: