January 21, 2015

Let the Work Begin...

It's a few days post delivery of my daughter and granddaughter to the airport so they could return to their home in Tucson. They arrived safely and are getting acclimated to their new home.  We also did a road trip to return our son to college in Beaumont. He was the last to leave for the holiday and the first to return to his dorm so he had the place all to himself for a day. When we returned home, our oldest was heading to his home. Our youngest overnighted with a friend for the weekend.  The house was soooooooo quiet! Just me and my honey.  We'd talked about this day and I thought I was ready but... I buried my head in his chest and balled like a baby. Now what do we do?

I mean don't get me wrong. I enjoy alone time with my husband. He's my best friend and we've grown a lot in the past few years.  But I'm not just a wife, I'm a mom and a grandmom... For the most part, I enjoy the hustle and bustle, chatter, and even the sounds of electronics coming from every room in our home. I miss seeing my daughter in her role as a mom and wife; nursing, making homemade baby food, cloth diapering, and looking for bargains for her family. I miss my lil puddin pop discovering her surroundings. I miss her laughter and even her cries... 

But I digress!

Now that everyone has "vacated the premises", it's time to get to work!  We discussed a number of projects we would like to start (and hopefully complete!) this year.  Pinterest is my best friend for ideas! From preparing frozen meals to upgrading the powder/guest bathroom, Pinterest is an awesome resource to find whatever you're looking to do.  We have at least five trips to plan, two senior proms, graduation, 1st birthdays... So much to do!  I'm hoping my to-do list will help me not miss everyone so much. 

We shall see.

Now, my greatest discovery on Pinterest so far is the A Turtles Life for Me website where this blogger shows you how to prepare 46 meals in 4 hours for less than $100.  Can you believe that?  I had to check it out.  After reading through it with hubby, we decided to add this to our list of things to do before year's end. I can't wait to try it. I sent it to my daughter and shared it with the wife's group as well. Sharing is caring!

I've given myself reasonable deadlines for starting and completing projects this year. 

Let the work begin!




No comments: