August 1, 2013

#KingdomWoman... Who Me?

I remember telling my husband years ago, before we were married, that I was striving to be a Proverbs 31 Woman one day. I felt I was doing my best but thought I couldn't achieve that goal because I thought I had to be married. Can you believe that? Thank God for knowledge!
We get in a bind both when we fall for the temptation to think more of ourselves than we should and also when we think less of ourselves than we should! ~Dr Tony Evans
My understanding of God's word was very skewed at one point in my life. I wasn't studying and I wasn't listening clearly to the vessels who were sharing His word. As a divorced mom, I certainly wasn't focused on getting married again and I definitely wasn't going to get married just to fulfill some goal. So I went along my merry way.

At first I felt like a failure for being divorced and I felt the stigma against me because I was a single mom based on society's standards. But, when I began to see myself as God saw me, that was a very freeing thing. I began to study the Proverbs 31 woman more and more. I asked The Lord to help me be the best I could be with what I had been given. Doors began to open that I knew were only opened because of Him and I realized I'd been the Proverbs 31 Woman all along; a Kingdom Woman, with power, purpose, and possibilities!
Beloved kingdom woman, you are God’s workmanship. You are not meant to serve like the woman who sits beside you in church or like the one who sings solos in the choir or like the pastor’s wife from another church in town. You are meant to rule according to the unique gifts and strengths and calling which God has given to you. ~Dr Tony Evans
Be blessed!
You are kind, you are smart, you are important! (from the movie, The Help)

No comments: