July 21, 2013

Whirlwind Kind of Day...

Saturday morning, I had the opportunity to relax and dig into my Kingdom Woman book. The guys took care of the yard work and the girls stayed inside to pamper themselves... It started off slow but boy did it pickup fast.

While washing my hair, I got an emergency call that one of my church sisters lost her husband. It was very unexpected and I'm a very emotional person so this news had me all over the place; worried about her, what could I do to help, who was available to help her, what can I do to comfort and support her, etc were some of the thoughts that raced through my mind. I immediately said a prayer for her and her family, hugged hubby tight, and gathered myself together so I and some other sisters in Christ could go see her. I won't go into great detail about the events, I'm just glad I got to see her, love on her, and support her that day and will continue to do so. Our sister circle in our ministry and small group has developed such a bond that we are like family so I'm in it for the long haul.

I guess it goes along with what I've been reading so far in Kingdom Woman and just having been a believer for so many years. It's about authentic relationships. I don't want to just sit in church and hear the word and not do what the word says. We're to have a servant's heart, just like Jesus did. Willing to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters in Christ.


Over the years, I've learned that the hardest days come after a loved one is laid to rest so I'm praying for her strength to endure and for all my sisters and her family to continue to be there for her... I know I will be, not just because it's the right thing to do, but she is, in fact, my sister, and I plan to treat her the way I would want to be treated if I were in this situation. 

Later on Saturday evening, we celebrated hubby's great aunt's 70th birthday. She had a house full. It was kind of hard to have fun after leaving my sister, but I did put on a happy face for a little while to take my mind off the events earlier in the day. But after a while, I just went and laid down. I really felt like I was on a roller coaster ride of emotions! I can't even begin to imagine what her emotions are like. But all in all, it was a very blessed day.

Even in the transition of life, there were blessings. Only God could orchestrate the intimate details interwoven throughout every minute of every hour of every day. Even in sadness, I'm very grateful. The Lord is good ALL the time. We have a great ministry, great ministry leaders, and I'm thankful my sister will be supported through all of us.


No comments: