January 7, 2016

Book Review: FACTS Uncensored

A few years ago, my husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Dante and Renetta Wesley. We were invited to participate in a weekend of events, including a golf tournament, football camp, and afterparty at their home by one of my husband's business associates in exchange for our assistance with marketing and promotions. I've never been enamored much with celebrities. However, there was something about this couple that peaked my interest more than any other celebrities I've met over the years. For all that they have, they were so very down to earth and humble. We visited their home after another event a few weeks later and, eventually, Dante became a part of my husband’s sports talk radio show. They always made us feel at home. I didn't understand what it was about them that drew me in until I read their book, FACTS Uncensored.

FACTS Uncensored is an awesome book filled with experiences of an NFL player and the love of his life before, during, and after entering that world. I appreciate the transparency, humbleness, courage, and faith it took for them to share their struggles and triumphs through this book. Mostly, as a woman, I appreciate the strength, grace, and endurance shown by Renetta and the tips she gives to women based on her experiences. It is wonderful to see a couple in the midst of some of their lowest moments still allowing themselves to be used by God.

If you think YOU have been through some things in your marriage, try walking a mile in this couples shoes. Reading their story will certainly have you looking at your problems in a different light.

On a scale from 1-10, I rate this book as follows:

•             Readability - 10
•             Challenge - 10
•             Encouragement/Inspiration - 10
•             Godly Wisdom - 10

I highly recommend this book for any couples looking for encouragement.

If you're interested in learning more about this book and purchasing it for yourself, please CLICK HERE.  

Happy Reading! Thanks, Dante & Renetta for allowing us a peek into your life for inspiration and encouragement. Thank you for being a model for other couples.



No comments: