October 31, 2014

Be Anxious for Nothing...





I was reading my sister in Christ's blog today. It was appropriately titled, Act... something I fail miserably at time and again for myself. I just had the conversation this morning before heading to the chiropractor for an assessment.

As I shared on her blog, I don’t know why I thought I’d never have to ask for prayer for my health… Yet, here I am. Got discouraging news from my blood work a few days ago. Got discouraging news from the chiropractor today. The good news is, if I ‘act’ now, in prayer and faith, I believe my results can take a turn for the better.

So, please pray with me to be disciplined and obedient so I can be a good steward over the body God has given me. I pray to live long enough to see my great-great grandkids, maybe even some great-great-great grandkids!

One thing I'm not going to do is worry. I'm not going to be anxious. I'm going to let my specific requests be known through prayer and supplication.

Then I'm going to leave it there. As a fine gentleman told me during our devotion...

If you're going to worry, don't pray; if you're going to pray, don't worry!

The Lord gave me confirmation through His word and other people that everything will be alright.

No comments: