November 4, 2014

He Didn't Have to Do it But He Did

The last few days, I've been more in tuned to my surroundings and so much more grateful for the little things, that really are big things if you think about it. I'm always grateful to the Lord for all He has done but as the days (and years) fly by, watching loved ones get older, and getting older myself, I just needed to stop and...

Think.

Think about the brand new mercies and grace we receive everyday. Waking up in the morning is no small thing, but we take for granted that it is God's decision whether we open our eyes and breathe the air we breathe. Think about the provision and protection and unmerited favor we receive every single day of our lives...

A few days ago, my daughter and I had similar experiences in the same day. We both nearly slipped and fell. Where, when, and how we fell could've been disastrous for us both, and no one was around when it happened.

But God!

I recall the day of the Oklahoma City bombing. My dad was late for work. The reason? My sis had just moved to town so he was helping her with some errands. He was rushing to get to work and as he was coming down the exit ramp, that's when it happened... The explosion that changed the lives of so many people... The explosion that almost cost me my dad.

But God!

When I was in college and my oldest sons were 4 and 1, I just dropped them off at daycare when a car ran through the red light when I had the protected green. I did a 360 and landed on the side of a fire hydrant. I was able to walk away, but the place where my sons would've been sitting was completely crushed.

But God!

These are just a few of the many times the Lord has spared my life and the life of my family. I can imagine you have plenty stories of your own. Some of the things He saves us from are drastic, but even what we consider small things, really aren't small, are they?

Every time we step out the door, we face possible death. When we go to sleep at night, we could be taking our last breath.

But God.

Thank God salvation and grace are free. We don't have to work for His favor. He loves us so much that He gave us His Son who sacrificed His life to bear our sins.

He Didn't Have to Do it But He Did. Aren't you glad?






No comments: