December 1, 2013

Surrender and Impact for Destiny

When you take the time to reach out to others and invest in someone's life, you are impacting the world...yours and theirs. ~Joyce Meyers

During Bible study earlier this year, a young lady reminded me of this very thing. While giving her testimony, she mentioned that my loving on her and her daughter while I was a staff member at our church's school made an impact on her life. I never knew that until she said it. Can you say tears? That was nearly 10 years ago. It just goes to show you that you never know how much it may mean to someone when you take the time to smile, hug, or say an encouraging word. 

I try to encourage and love on everyone I meet because I want Christ's love to always shine through me. Now, I'm not perfect by any means. When it comes to people attempting to violate the peace in my home and my relationship with my family, I'm not a very nice person at all. But I'm working on even surrendering my attitude so I can make an impact on others even in this area of my life.

Throughout the destiny series, several things happened which has brought me to the point I'm at today. I had to take a break from everything to just sit still and hear what God was telling me. He made it very clear that He was weaving some things together that made room for my gift of encouragement and hospitality. All I had to do was surrender, say yes, and allow Him to continue to pull things together.  The urging was like "fire shut up in my bones".  I talked with two pastors and the doors literally flew open. So now, with the surrender, I'm finally doing what I feel God has called me to do in this season of my life to make an impact for His kingdom.

With the encouragement of our pastor, I've started a blog for encouraging single parents called Single Parenting in the Kingdom. Additionally, I've been given the privilege of working together with the Pastor of Fellowship and Singles Ministry Pastor to develop the Single Parent Family Ministry at our church. It is an honor to be able to serve in this capacity and I look forward to the lives that will be impacted as much as mine was when I was a participant so many years ago. 

No comments: