February 13, 2014

Back To My First Love


I'd like to say I've been too 'busy' to consistently blog. However, the truth is I got distracted by life and the many things that come with just living it. Juggling my many functions and roles and responsibilities, feeling off kilter and out of balance, and even sometimes feeling a little depressed have all been factors in my long absence.

But this morning, after reading my devotions and a blog post from my sister in Christ, I realize what my problem is. I took my focus off my first love and focused on my circumstances instead. Focusing on my circumstances created a false and distorted view of myself and others. Focusing on what's going on around me got me off track and set me back months from the path I believe God had me on towards the Destiny and the plans He has for my life. Worrying about things I have no control over had me in a tailspin... But His word says...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7 NASB)

Thank God He doesn't let His children stray too far before reeling them back into His loving and protective arms. Thank God He is a loving shepherd who cares about every sheep that goes astray.  Thank God He is a loving Father whose unconditional love covers me even when I'm in doubt about who I am and when I get discouraged about daily life.

Thank God He's so good! He's so kind! I'm just so grateful that I belong to Him and He loves me for me, flaws and all. I'm grateful that I can always come back to my first love and He will never forsake me. He values me like fine china. He treasures me like a rare jewel... no matter what. He doesn't expect me to perfect. He accepts me with all my imperfections and loves me unconditionally.  No truer love is there than the love of The Lord!

No comments: