October 6, 2013

Finding My Destiny...

When you reach your limit, go to God, just like Moses did. He will help you find a saner, healthier lifestyle. ~Joyce Meyer
Have you ever felt all over the place, overwhelmed, or burnt out?  In Numbers 11, Moses was overwhelmed. The people he was leading from Egypt to the promise land were pulling at him from every which way. Has that ever happened to you?

Sometimes we need a break from outside influences and distractions so we can hear clearly from God about where He wants us to go. Sometimes it's okay to just say 'no' when you're being pulled at from every angle; just 'be still and know' that He's God (Psalm 46:10) and take time to meditate on His word about what's happening in Your life.  

To that end, I'm actually enjoying my break from social media this week. I don't miss trying to keep up with LIKING, SHARING, and RETWEETING posts to show I'm actively supporting all of my friends. I can show support in so many other ways! But mostly, I'm happy to refocus my energies on more important things like finding my destiny. It's amazing how much you get done when you're not being constantly distracted.

It's funny, because I wrote all of the above prior to attending church service today. After going through the month of September talking about Detours to Destiny using the life of Joseph, we're now entering a series on Destiny and I've been anxiously awaiting to begin. As Pastor Evans ministered to us, I jotted down some of his points taken from our main passage, Acts 13:36:


For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep... (Acts 13:36 KJV) 
The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want. (Proverbs 21:5 KJV) 
Focus on where God wants to take you... your Destiny.
1. David served the purpose of God
Destiny = Your customized life calling for which God has equipped or ordained you in order to bring Him the greatest glory and maximize the expansion of His kingdom.
You are created for a divinely designed purpose.God is the 'manufacturer'. He does things because He's going somewhere.
If you want to know your destiny, God must be at the center, not the peripheral. God wants to be the centerpiece, the sun in the solar system when planning your activities.
You should be saying:  God I want to make YOUR name great in whatever my destiny is and I want to expand your rule in my world.

2. He did it in his own generation.
When you're serving God, people will be impacted. David made an impact for God while serving others. If you cannot see people benefiting from what you've done, then you've failed.
When you've been delivered, reach back. Whatever your destiny is, it's bigger than you so you'll need God to pull it off. If you can do it without God, it's not your destiny.
3. He fell asleep.
Your destiny will be shaped by your perspective. As Christians, we are in the land of the dying headed toward the land of the living, not the reverse.
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. (Psalms 90:12 KJV)
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)
To fail to reach your destiny is a wasted life.
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. (Acts 20:24 KJV) 
Your heart = Gods heart. Not my will but thy will be done. 
And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. (Acts 13:22 KJV)
Like a runner in a race, you can't go back to the starting block, pick up the pace where you are.
I'm ready to step into my destiny. My first step is to become aligned with God for His purpose and my prayer is as Pastor Evans said - "God I want to make your name great in whatever my destiny is and I want to expand your rule in my world"! Secondly, I want the things I've been delivered from to be my testimony to others and where ever the Lord takes me to do that, I want to be willing and available to do it for His glory. I want my words to be His words and impact others for the expansion of His kingdom.  Lastly, knowing that my days are numbered in this lifetime, I want to be like Paul and finish my course with joy and pick up the pace right where I am! I know I'm no spring chicken! LOL. So I need to get on it. I'm glad we're going to be hosting the bible study in our home for the next six weeks and God brought us four couples to share with on this journey.

To Him be all glory and honor and power!  

No comments: