July 29, 2013

#KingdomWoman... A Woman of Excellence


I think I did pretty good this past week for not having been writing consistently lately! I'm working on balancing home, business, and now reading and writing.

Hubby and I were discussing our dreams and future plans and he asked me about my writing. He said he missed that part of me and admires the fact that I can write. When I told him I started writing again, he went to "check me out" (smile) and told me how proud he is of me. That felt really good. But even with hearing him say that, it's a little disappointing to know there's a talent the Lord gave me that I've been literally sitting on for almost 20 years. I wrote 65 pages of my book and a play back in 1992 and when I moved here in 1998, I lost everything. I started rewriting them but got discouraged when my computer crashed, not once, but twice in the process!  

When I read the original book, Seasons of a Woman's Life, I reached out to Mrs. Evans to ask how she did it. She advised me to journal. I took what she said to heart. I was excited and started but then I stopped... Raising four kids alone was so overwhelming for me sometimes that I didn't have the energy to put one more thing on my plate - even as simple a task as journaling.  But even back then, I knew, I needed to do this... I just couldn't bring myself to be obedient and do it.

As time went on, I forgot about my dear book and the play. I included that it was something I aspired to do one day in my bio. I've helped others write and edit their books. I even wrote a little business ebook in 2009, but that wasn't what I felt I was supposed to do. I just did it because I could. LOL. But deep down I knew I needed to share the power and presence of the Lord in my life to help someone else get through some obstacles and adversity they've faced in their life... 

I remember a friend telling me a long time ago that I'm a walking testimony of God's faithfulness and I remember the year of reading the Prayer of Jabez and all the Lord blessed me with in one year alone. So what prevents me from being a woman of Excellence in this area?  Fear maybe? I guess I better get over it, step into, and embrace my purpose, power, and possibilities - FINALLY...

Pray for me! This is going to be a HUGE undertaking for me but I can't be disobedient in this area any longer...

No comments: