July 19, 2013

#KingdomWoman... Proverbs 31 Woman...

I'm still in awe of God's goodness to me in spite of my past mistakes and the ones I will make as time goes on. He's soooooooooo good. Even when our circumstances seem bleak and make choices that are not what He would like for me, I know He's right there, holding me up, concerned about my well-being, and loving me through it all...

Last night, our family had a "rap session". This is where me and hubby take off our parent hat so the kids can be free to share their deepest thoughts and concerns with us and each other and we can respond without judgment or parental discipline.  I have to say that we have some great kids - even the three eldest who weren't able to be with us. We talked for nearly four hours (we were up til 1AM!) about the good, the bad, and the ugly! And the truth is, there wasn't much bad and no ugly except things that we see in other that could use just a little improvement. Listening to what the kids had to say about me AND what my husband said, blessed my heart and I really felt like the Proverbs 31 Woman/Kingdom Woman! (I was also a blubbering nut! LOL)

I'm so very proud of all of my kids, all 7 of them, for what they've accomplished so far, their resilience, their determination, their spirits... We are so blessed and thankful to have some awesome kids. Not perfect, but definitely, awesome, especially because of everything they've had to go through because of OUR choices.

So I look at my Father in Heaven the same way. We love our kids unconditionally just like He loves us. We're disappointed when they make choices that are not what we would want for them, but we give them the freedom of choice and pray over them that God would protect them no matter what. God does the same thing with us.  He watches over us every second, every minute, every hour, and he makes sure we have all of our needs just like He does the sparrow...

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to be a Kingdom Woman in my own right because I'm your daughter and you care for me!  Your grace and mercy are sufficient enough for me!


No comments: