June 8, 2010

31 Day Challenge - Day 10 - Oh boy...

Today... what can I say. It was TOUGH!! It started off smooth. Hubby couldn't sleep so he woke up to do some work. So I decided, today is the day for me to care for the dog. So I got up and took her for a walk around the neighborhood, got her food and water, and gave her a few belly rubs before heading back to bed for a short time before having to get up and get ready for another day.

Read Our Daily Bread, prayed with hubby before heading out to take 9 yr old to camp and off to the office. Hubby called to let me know that he'd finished some errands. I was so proud of him!! It's been almost 2 weeks since we had a "come to Jesus" meeting with our Couples Mentors and our Pastor. I was devastated about somethings that were hurting our marriage and learned from that meeting that we can't be judgmental of each other but we should hold each other accountable and there's a HUGE difference. I may have written about this already.

Anywho, well, satan decided to rear his head in the midst of us getting on the right track. I tried to keep my cool, but I let anger, frustration, and hurt get the best of me. Because of the nature of the situation, I decided to write what happened in my journal as opposed to the blog. No sense airing our dirty laundry and giving place to the devil.

Needless to say, this was NOT my best Proverbs 31 Life today. But I know that God knows my heart and He is able to handle the situations I'm facing. Tomorrow is a new day and with it comes brand new mercies. I hold onto that to help me through!!!

No comments: