May 31, 2010

31 Day Challenge - Day 2 - Doing my Grandma thang


Memorial Day. I had a tough decision to make... Well, not so tough because I love my grandbabies! I'd planned to spend the holiday with hubby and the family at his parents' home. However, my oldest son asked if I would spend the day with his little family, and with hubby's blessing (and nudging), I did and it was wonderful!!

We spent a portion of the day at the Museum of Nature & Science and then off to the movies to see Shrek in 3D. I still can't believe I'm a grandma. My future daughter-in-law (I hope) is a good mom to the kids. She's very organized and you can tell she loves them very much. I was thinking how blessed my son is to have found her and I said a little prayer that God would open some doors and help him get on the right track so they can be the family that God would have them to be, if that's His will. My oldest grandson, clung to his daddy for most of the day and the youngest was so wide-eyed and bushy tailed! It's hard to believe he's already 4 months old.

It was nice to have my youngest kiddos with me, too. I hadn't taken them to the museum since they were really small. I guess with so much going on with my life the last few years, I've neglected to do some fun stuff with them... It's been all business. Hence, me working on my Proverbs Life! I know my oldest two are doing well and they can look back on some fun times but what have I really done with the youngest two? I need to get on it!!

Well, really, I need to get on it for the youngest. He's got a birthday coming up - 10 big ones!! It will be his first birthday party since he was 6 so I need to make it a good one. Funds are tight though and I have to be careful because I wasn't able to give my daughter a Sweet 16 and I want to be fair...

Anywho, my nugget for the day - "Most of the battles of life are won by looking beyond the clouds to the sun". ~Helen Steiner Rice

No comments: