September 18, 2008

The Day of My Birth...

I don't normally do horoscopes and tairo readings and things like that, but I found this to be interesting about who I am based on my date of birth...

You are a cohesive force - able to bring many people together for a common cause. (TRUE)

You tend to excel in work situations, but you also facilitate a lot of social gatherings too. (TRUE)

Beyond being a good leader, you are good at inspiring others. (TRUE)

You also keep your powerful emotions in check - you know when to emote and when to repress. (THIS ONE'S A LITTLE IFFY! I get really emotional with people I love, my family, kids, the honey...)

Your strength: Emotional maturity beyond your years (TRUE)

Your weakness: Wearing yourself down with too many responsibilities (TRUE)

Your power color: Crimson red (I GUESS? BOOMER SOONERS!!!)

Your power symbol: Snowflake (HUH?)

Your power month: September (YEAH!!!)


LOL. I thought that was pretty funny... Can't remember where I got it from... Ho hum.

Well, it's the day I was born into the Jackson Family, a decedent from the Parker/Lee family... One day, I'll go to the Indian reservation to figure out all of the lineage we have from there... Mostly, I thank God for breathing life into me and allowing me to see another day...

With each new birthday, reflection on the past is necessary, but looking toward the future and being able to hope for new and better things is a blessing. Today, I remember the good memories with family and friends. I have some regrets, but not a lot. God has been pretty good to me and it remains to be seen what else He has in store at this point in my life. I continue to pray...

I have always strived to be the Proverbs 31 woman... I have shown that I can be, with or without a man in my life. And I think sometimes we forget that Ruth is a parallel character to the Proverbs 31 woman in the bible and the bible doesn't focus mostly on her life as the wife of Boaz but her character after the death of her husband, her loyalty to Naomi, and her humbleness and meekness with Boaz BEFORE he sought after her hand in marriage. She presented the characteristics of the Proverbs 31 woman long before she married Boaz and so, I claim that I have reached my goal!

I've started on a new project as I mentioned in my earlier blog. I'm excited about it. I have gotten some pretty good responses and I've not really promoted it like I do everything else... just a little blurb among a few people... but amazingly, I've gotten some submissions already! Mainly, I was blessed to talk to my mom about it and I left a message for my future mom-in-law so they can impart wisdom from their generation. And from discussions with my better half, I plan to call my grandmother and some other women in her age group to interview them for words of wisdom from their generation. So this book will truly be a reflection of the Women in Titus 2:

3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good,

4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored


I can't wait to get it completed!!

Anyhoo, on to my day...

No comments: