September 16, 2008

Who Am I...

My birthday is around the corner... My dad will be 60 on Friday... How time flies!! I wonder what I will be like at age 60, should God allow me to live that long...

Whenever I'm asked to post something about myself, I alway use the same post:

I have been compared to the biblical character of Ruth (I am like Esther, too! For Such a Time As This!).The name Ruth means "Friendship" or "Refreshment." Ruth was born in Moab, but relocated with her mother-in-law Naomi to Bethlehem in Judah after the death of her husband. She was the wife and widow of Mahlon; remarried Boaz by an extension of levirate marriage; gave birth to a son, Obed, who figuratively was called the son of Naomi; was an ancestor of David and Jesus Christ. She was originally a homemaker, later a maidservant of Boaz; and finally a homemaker again. She was best known for Insisting that her mother-in-law Naomi allow her to come to Bethlehem, in order that Naomi's people, the Israelites, could become Ruth's people, and Naomi's God could become Ruth's God. Ruth is the epitomy of loyalty and encouragement... just like me!!

At present, I am CEO of Paradise Legal Support & Secretarial Services (PLS3) providing specialized business support services. I chose "Paradise" based on Revelations 2:7.

I am also Founder/Executive Director of the National Business Women Enterprise Network, a faith based, non-profit organization providing personal, spiritual, and professional development and support for innovative women who own or desire to establish their own business. Through networking, education, leadership, mentoring, and association with other like-minded individuals, NBWEN provides opportunities for members to maximize their potential during each phase of their entrepreneurial endeavors.

But Who Am I really?

I am a mother of four beautiful children. No matter how much they act out, they are mine, and they are beautiful and I love them. They are the inspiration for all I do. I want to leave a good legacy for them... No matter what anyone says about them, God gave them to me... and I am proud to be their mother. There are some days when I'm REALLY tired of being a mom... But when they sleep and I look into their rooms or when I get a call from my 21 year old at 1AM telling me that he's watching our favorite Tom & Jerry cartoon, I couldn't be any happier and thankful for their presence in my life. The teenage years are a doosie! But when it's all said and done, the Bible is true when it says, train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it... They may stray a little, but those lessons don't go away.

I am a daughter. I am a granddaughter. I am a niece. My mother and my grandmother gave me the wind beneath my wings to soar when I didn't think I could... So many times, so many times when I wanted to give up, they were there. My aunts, Ann and Berta, are an extension of my mom and my grandmother and sometimes I get mad at them when they're only looking out for my best interest and I wouldn't change them for anything in the world! The women in my life!!

I am an adopted daughter... I am a future daughter-in-law... God blessed with me some additional extensions to my family. My adopted mother and my future mother-in-law... God is sooooooooooooo smart!! He knew I needed these ladies to keep me grounded as surrogates to the already fabulous women God blessed me with by blood...

OMG, I'm late for work!! More writing later... I was starting to get all teary eyed anyway!!

No comments: