August 2, 2018

Moments...

The last week and a half has been confusing... I've been numb and overwhelmingly sad about the death of a beautiful woman of God. The sadness comes in waves.

Moments when I'm being a mom.

Moments when I'm just being a wife.

Moments when I'm just alone and thinking about life and purpose...

Those moments have literally been sad because I've thought about her not being here to do those simple things we sometimes take for granted. But even though she's not here physically, she is with our Lord and enjoying being in His presence. He loves her more!

So, today, I finally got a chance to sit still and listen to the Youtube video of my sis in Christ entitled Staying Awake When Life Hurts. Very powerful. Very real.

As I listen and watch. She cries. It's hard for me to see people that I love and care about hurting. I feel helpless to help, if that makes any sense. I just felt compelled to write out my thoughts and feelings...

I've strayed away from writing regularly. My mom reminded me that writing is my passion and while I'm processing what has happened, I should get back to writing. So...

I have.

I am.

I will.

Right now, I feel like I'm rambling, but I'm writing as the words and feelings come... Praying God will use these words and me to show love the way He would. It's not about me. It's all about Him and  Who He is.

The Lord is Good all the time and His plan is perfect. I hold on to my life verse - Romans 8:28...

Rest in Jesus, Wynter Pitts!!



No comments: