February 10, 2015

Praying for My Sisters today



This morning, I just wanted to take timeout to pray for my sisters - my biological sisters and my sisters in Christ, my daughters, granddaughter, mom, grandmother, aunts, great aunts, friends, coworkers, clients, and so on.

I woke up this morning with a particular sister on my mind who just had it really rough this past year. But, in spite of all the turmoil, even up to the loss of her mom just this past week, this sister keeps on smiling and giving God the glory and praise. She is so amazing! As I prayed for her, I began to think of the many women's lives I've been a part of over the years... I asked the Lord to bring women to mind that I could pray for her and He did!

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men. 1 Timothy 2:1
My mom, grandmother, and aunts have watched me grow from an infant into a woman and have helped shape me into who I am today. My cousin, who is more like a sister, has known me her whole life and we are still the "gruesome twosome". My biological sisters, although we're not as close as I would like, are still on my mind and my heart constantly. I watch them through pictures and get to know their families though we've barely met because of the distance between us. My sis-in-laws and my many beautiful nieces. Then there's my own daughter who is now a mommy to my granddaughter...how I miss them so! I'm so thankful for technology so I can continue to communicate and see all of them! God also gave me a bonus daughter who I've had the chance to watch mature into a young woman ready to stretch her wings and fly. That's my biological family of sisters.

Then God gave me sister-friends. There's not too many women that I can share intimate details of my life...the good, bad, and shonuff ugly! But there are a handful of precious gems, those rare and priceless women, who give me a shoulder to cry on, laughter, support, encouragement, and even chastising, as necessary.

Additionally, the Lord has blessed me with a multitude of women in our church. As I started praying for each of them, the list just kept getting longer and longer!! I'm in awe with how many women I've gotten to know throughout the years! I remember emails to our First Lady and the advice she would give me as I was going through Seasons of my Life. I remember my entire family being embraced by Deaconesses and members who were just getting to know me, and yet, it was if they'd known me my whole life. Never judging, just being the women of Titus God called them to be. Discipling me and my children as we continued to grow in the knowledge of the Lord. And now our church Small Groups has just busted the circle of sisters wide open. From the Destiny series to Spiritual Growth class...

Last, but certainly not least, for the women I've had the opportunity to work with as coworker, through business, social media, and for the women I have yet to meet.

I thank You, Lord for each of them and I pray for and over each of them today. Whatever their needs are, please meet them. Please continue to protect them and provide for them. Please show them your continued mercy, grace, and blessings. In Jesus' name, Amen.

As I finish this post, I just thank the Lord for being in a country where I can communicate and pray to Him freely and openly without shame. I thank Him for the words that I write, totally inspired from Him. God, You are so awesome. I love You and I praise Your name!

No comments: