December 25, 2014

Sorry for the Interruption!














Please forgive the interruption to the 12 Days of Fasting & Prayer for Marriages. I will resume posting in the next few days.

I am recovering from a week long illness that had me totally out of commission, unbelievably, due to an allergy infection! It was so bad, I thought I had the flu and was quarantined to my room for several days until I was able to see my doctor to confirm what was happening to me.

What's so funny is, I started to think about all of the things I wasn't able to do because I was sick. I mean, it's Christmastime, I had just gotten started shopping! LOL. However, the Lord showed me some things I could be thankful for while I was "involuntarily" made to rest.

1. My family could carry on, maybe not at full capacity or like a well oiled machine, but it was still running.

2. I was given time to really rest and my family catered to me...which was H-E-A-V-E-N!

3. One of my Christmas gifts (new speakers for my car) was able to be purchased and installed without my knowledge...and interference. LOL (I'm awful at being surprised)

4. My husband was able to use the car to drive safely to and from work. We hadn't been able to take the van to the repair shop yet and we're trying to figure out how to do the "switcheroo".

These are just some of the many things I'm thankful for this holiday season in spite of being "down for the count". Being ill was a small price to pay for the blessings I received AND it gave me time to catch up on my personal devotional time and prayers. To that, I say, Lord, feel free to interrupt anytime You feel it necessary for me to break away from anything that distracts me from You.

You are good ALL the time and You know when we need interruptions in our lives. Thank You for giving me some much needed rest and allowing me to be refreshed enough to fully celebrate Christmas with my family today.

No comments: