September 29, 2013

#KingdomWoman... The Journey Continues

For the past three months, I've been focused on reading, studying, breathing, living, and sharing God's word more than usual. The journey began by reading Kingdom Woman individually and culminated with a one month journey in an online group study to comprehend, focus, and apply what was read. It has truly been a privilege, a life altering experience, and a pleasure going on this journey. I feel rejuvenated! I actually feel like the prodigal daughter because at one point, this was me all day long and then I shifted my focus and got lost in the shuffle of just living life. I thank The Lord for the 'shift in the atmosphere' that turned me back to my first love. I know this is where I belong and I'm glad I wasn't so far removed that I couldn't come home.

Now, on to the destiny that God has for me. I'm reading, "The Resolution for Women" by Priscilla Shirer. I actually got through nearly half of the book about a year ago but got distracted and didn't finish. But what I've learned over the past few months is I need to make the time to do things I like to do, too, like reading!! I have a lot of books that have yet to be read and I'm committed to doing that in addition to my daily devotion. Also, me and hubby will be hosting a couples small group bible study in our home to study what God has to say about destiny. I've never done anything like this before but I'm so excited! 

As I prepare to forge ahead, I've decided to take a sabbatical from social media, using the time to read, study, and write (FINALLY). I'm starting off slowly, but will continue as The Lord leads me!

No comments: