September 26, 2013

#KingdomWoman... In the Kitchen!

One of my all time, easy peasy, recipes that my mom turned me on to is the...

No Bake Banana Surprise Cheesecake

When I was a kid, I couldn't wait for the winter holidays because that's the only time my mom would make this particular dessert. And that's what made it special. Just thinking about it makes me wanna make one or two or three!! Lol. I remember that it would melt in my mouth and with every bite... a banana surprise! 

Once I made it for my kids, it was all she wrote!  We turned it into a holiday tradition for our family and, even now, as adults, they have come to expect it every year. 

Enjoy!!

Ingredients:
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 containers (8 oz. each) thawed Cool Whip
1 Deep Dish Graham cracker pie crust
1 tsp vanilla
about 2 bananas (almost ripened)

Directions:
Beat with electric mixer the cream cheese, cool whip, vanilla, and sugar until well blended and smooth.


Thinly slice the bananas separately and  place them in rows, close together, along the entire bottom and sides of the graham cracker crust. You can add as many or as little bananas as you like. I do up to 2-3 layers.


Spoon the cream cheese Mixture into the pie crust until all the bananas are covered.  Top with sliced strawberries, if desired, or strawberry sauce on the side.


Place the pie in the fridge and let it set for about 4 hours.

If it's Thanksgiving, grab a slice while you watch the Cowboyz!!



2 comments:

Michelle said...

Can't wait to try this!!!

Shellye said...

Thanks for stopping by! You're gonna love it!!