August 18, 2013

#KingdomWoman... The Ultimate Sacrifice

Today, I was just thinking about how God gave us His son as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. He allowed Him to put His life on the line for people He didn't even know and who didn't appreciate Him. How did He feel?  When He gives us options to choose from - His way or the world's - what does His heart feel as He allows us to choose our own path knowing the sacrifice His own son made to save us. 

As a parent, I think about how hard it has been for me to allow my children to find their own way as they've gotten older. It's been very difficult for me to let go. I can't begin to imagine giving them up to die for someone else the way Christ did for us.

Because of His abounding love for us, it wasn't hard for God to send his son to make the ultimate sacrifice. As a matter of fact, He said it clearly in John 3:16...
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life... 
People make sacrifices by the world's standards everyday but none can compare to the ultimate sacrifice... Jesus paid it all and because of Him I can be assured that everything is going to be alright despite how things may look. I can endure everything that comes my way because He first loved me. He loved me so much He made the ultimate sacrifice.

That's love! So, like I told my youngest son when he had a moment of doubt, continue to pray and praise the Lord daily whether times are good, bad, or ugly. He loves our conversation and He loves our praise.



If he never does another thing for me, He's done enough!

No comments: