August 15, 2013

#KingdomWoman... Don't Give Up, Don't Give In!


As I continue reading Kingdom Woman, I also received the following in my devotional:

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)
When things get tough, I've learned that it pays to be still so I can hear the Lord speaking comfort and peace over my life and my situation. There were many days when I wanted to give up hope and give into feelings of desperation, disappointment, and failure. But God! As long as I did not stop reading and listening to His word, He ALWAYS sent a word to bring me the assurance I needed to endure. Sometimes the word would come through reading the bible and sometimes it would come through the people He placed in my life. But no matter where it came from, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt it was from Him because I was still so I could hear Him clearly.

The Lord knows our struggles day by day and moment by moment yet He only gives us what He knows we can bear. He wants us to continue to trust Him in the dark days as well as when the sun is shining brightly. Sometimes you may just want to throw in the towel and throw your hands in the air and say 'I'm done'! Things may seem tough right now but when you put your thoughts on the goodness of the Lord and His faithfulness in ALL things - the fact that you woke up this morning in your right mind, you have food to eat, clothes on your back, and shoes on your feet, a roof over your head, a job (or business) and so many other things, you can't help but say, 'I can get through this' and press on, push through to the prize! You may not have all your WANTS, but I have no doubt The Lord has met ALL your needs. I'm a living witness that His love NEVER fails. His love isfar reaching; beyond what our small minds could ever fathom!

On Sunday, Pastor Bryan Lorritts put it this way - If I pay, you stay and you play! Jesus did not sacrifice himself on the cross for our sins for us to throw in the towel, nor did He do it so we can sit on the sidelines and watch others 'play'. We were saved for a purpose so don't give up the fight! He paid!

Continuing from the devotional:
Dear Lord, help me remember that in my moments of desperation and fear, You are in control. Help me fight the temptation to worry or doubt Your provision. Grant me the peace to accept Your will, and to believe Your promises to protect and provide for me and my family in these trying days and in the days to come. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: