October 6, 2012

My How Time Flies...

It's been a little over a year since I was laid off from my part-time employment. How do I feel? Still blessed because I know the Lord allowed the time off in order for Him to do bigger and greater things through me, our family, and our business.

It's been a bumpy road with various twists and turns, bumps and roadblocks, ups and downs, and highs and lows, but there have been more good days than bad days and I count it all joy.

Within our little family, we got two young people graduated from high school. Typh is now officially enlisted in the U.S. Airforce and Daniel is off to a good start at Texas Tech pursuing a degree in Music Education and Psychology.  Kyendel will graduate with his Associates in May 2013 and hopes to transfer to Georgia Tech to continue pursuing a degree in Engineering.  Anthonie has proven to be a soldier facing various trials but still trying to be a good father to his sons and a good provider for his girlfriend and her children. Ced and Alex are off to a good start at school and Xaivier has all As and 1 B and is captain of his 7th grade Football B Team.  I couldn't be a more proud mom at this point.

Personally, I've begun to work on my physical appearance and my spiritual pursuit to be a better all around person despite the trials I'm facing at the moment. My motto years ago was to go with the flow and allow God to guide me and I'm pretty much back in that mode.  God is in control of everything.  All I can do is pray for the well-being of each and every member of our family and friends who are part of our lives.

Oh, by the way, I was nominated for the Ms. Entrepreneur Role Model contest and won for the month of October.  Yeah, me!  I hope it brings our business some much needed recognition!

No comments: