July 22, 2010

31 Day Challenge - Day 5 - Pressing On Again!

Today is Day 5 of the 31 Day Challenge as well as my Daniel Fast. I continue to read the Power of a Praying Wife, the Power of Prayer to Change Your Marriage, and, of course, God's Holy Word!!

From Power of a Praying Wife: According to God's way of doing things, there are 3 steps to changing our behavior.

1. Confession=Admitting what we did.
2: Repentance=Being Sorry for what we did.
3. Asking Forgiveness=Being cleansed and released from what we did.

The inability or resistance to do any of these 3 steps is rooted in pride. A man ...who can't humble himself to admit he's wrong before God and before man will have problems in his life that never go away. ~Stormie Omartian

I've been praying and fasting for over a week now for direction. I know that God's word is clear about life issues and He cares about what happens to me. As I seek to be obedient to His word, I commit to being still, praying in the Spirit, and getting my feelings, other folks opinions, and the world's influence, distractions, and temptations out of the way so I only hear His voice so I can move in the direction HE says move.

James 1:13-15; Romans 13:13, 14

No comments: