November 6, 2008

The Day After...

Yesterday, the day after the November 2008 election, I was driving and praying about everything that has happened in our country up to this point, for the future of our country, and for President Obama and his family.

The fact is he has a lot riding on his shoulders. Not only is the whole country watching, but minorities as a whole are looking to him for fairness across the board and unity among us all. That to me means that he needs a lot of prayer and covering by the most high God. To whom much is given, much is required!

The fact is, if God allowed him to be placed in this position, he better be sure to look to Him and give Him the glory for bringing Him this far. It is by HIS grace that WE all have made it this far. And we STILL need His grace and mercy every day.

And I cried. I cried for my anscestors. I did not vote the way I did for the face but for the content of his character and that is how I hope we all voted. He ran a decent campaign without all of the trickery and schemes... He stuck to the issues and that was important to me.

I hope you all take a deep breath today and from this point forward and pray earnestly for what is to come. He and his family will need that.

I received the following text message... Something for all of us, no matter what race, to think about...

We lived to see a historical event last evening. As we think about this, let's not forget those before us - Denise McNair, Cynthia Wesley, Carole Roberts, and Addie Mae Collins, Freedom Riders, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Emmett Till, Medger Evers, those killed in Rosewood, FL, the students that started the sit in at a lunch counter, civil rights workers, the men of Tuskegee Experiment. All of these and MANY MORE courageous African American trailblazers contributed to the history made last evening. Don't settle for mediocrity. Now is the time to ACT.

What trail will you blaze?

Be blessed!
Shellye aka Paradise

Visit National Business Women Enterprise Network at http://nbwenorg.ning.com

No comments: