October 28, 2011

Mommy and Son Night

Since we're not meeting on Monday, our wives fellowship group decided to have a date night at the movies tonight. Unfortunately, hubby wasn't able to attend, so I went with the next best thing, my youngest son. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to take him to see the movie, Courageous, but after seeing it, I'm glad I did because it confirmed some of the things me and hubby have been trying to help him deal with regarding our new family dynamic and his relationship with his dad. Although he's only 11, he is very smart and inquisitive, so I believe the movie gave him the opportunity to express some of the feelings he's been having lately. I can't wait to see the movie again with hubby and I'm praying that our pastor will implement something like this at our church. Very powerful.

No comments: