August 5, 2010

31 Day Challenge - Day 19 - He's An On Time God, YES HE IS!!

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19.

So, today was quite a day. All the bills are paid up to date. However, our pockets were a little light. We scraped together a few dollars to get to and from the office. But we wondered how we were going to feed the family this evening. We didn't expect any funds until Friday...

Well, back in March, I loaned some money to a new hire for gas on behalf of our Director. The guy had to quit after only a few weeks so I figured it was a wash and forgot about it. So today, the Director comes in and slaps the money on my desk and says, don't I owe you some money AND, I'm going to give you a bonus, too. It was 2.5 times the amount I loaned the guy, plus the money he owed me. Oh, blessed and happy day!! We filled up the gas tank and I headed to the grocery store. We were sooooo stuffed and had enough for 2 days of leftovers (if we wanted it to last that long)!

But... that's not my testimony! I've been working on a book project about biblical stewardship and I was convicted about our tithing habits. Although the budget is tight right now, we decided to get back on track with tithing - no matter what. My testimony is that even though it appeared that we would be lacking because of tithing, as you can see, we aren't! All bills were paid and just when we thought we were unable to take care of our basic needs, God met us right at our point of need and provided!!

"Ain't" God good and RIGHT ON TIME?? YES HE IS - ALL THE TIME!!

No comments: